Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Girls....

When I was thinking of what quote I would like for my blog ...I thought this is so true!


What does HAPPY look like ...


I think back of my sister and I innocently making up dance's to songs on our records...or opening my gifts on Christmas morning....or waking up to my mom's music on Saturday morning's... or when I had my Sweet Sixteen party...or my very first kiss (never mind that was nasty HA)....or my engagement's (HA that's another blog topic)...our new home...our first child...our awaiting grandchilden!...my sweet memories back in time. All these thoughts are Happy thoughts..Sometimes Happiness just comes spontaneously! Like a sweet suprise...or even Chocolate!




Even when you think on Happy thoughts .....they make you Happy !




I have taught my own boys to be Happy and smile even when the road is hard.. You know why?? Because we have Happiness because... we have JOY...Joy in the Lord....and knowing He is our provider and our strength and no matter where we journey... He will never leave us or forsake us. He is our light... our smile!


I used to sing this to my boys..they probably dont remember but..I loved this song growing up and I loved Doris Day singing it! She was one of my favorites. Hope it makes you smile. :-)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmJc-tKohcc











5 comments:

  1. what are "records"?

    When I think happy I think of Katlin and Kory dressing up and stopping by the house after eating at Ryan's, where Kory always got "that petite hawaiian chicken"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew "records" would definitely give my age away and that memory is too funny! By the way I loved the petite hawaiian chicken!!! HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I think happy I think of buying a t-shirt at the beach, purple octopus, games, movies, crying my heart out when you left our church but making so many more memories because we had to make an effort to see each other (I love the way God works), Tuesday lunches, laughing till we cried... So many great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janis this is great, I enjoyed reading this. It's funny but I think I remember your sweet sixteen. Was that the outdoor party with italian food and the tables all had red checked table clothes just like an italian restaurant? Your post also made me think of the picture Aunt Joyce (pronounce Ain't Joyce if you remember her southern accent) had of us playing dress up in her clothes and we are sitting on a step. I wonder if she still has that picture :) Wouldn't that be fun to see again. Thanks for the sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie...thank you! That means alot! and yes those are all great memories and Im sure we will have more!
    Debi...I cant believe you remember that party! Yes I think my made made spaghetti! HA HA I will have to dig through some pictures! Yes I remember that picture! I may have it!! I will look! Thanks for posting and the sweet memories :-)

    ReplyDelete