
Speaking of Happy Thoughts...
Twenty five years ago today....we were living New Port Richey, Florida. I was pregnant with our second child...and awaiting the anticipation of knowing whether we were going to have the perfect little family...you know....one boy and one girl. Anyway... I loved the thought of being suprised and not to mention... for my baby shower everyone gave me "girl" stuff.!
When I went to my doctor they asked me... If I would like to have a Midwife to deliver my baby?!? I really had never thought about that before but decided I would like to try that. Well there were eight of them and you really wouldnt know which one would be there to deliver your baby till the day you go into labor... so they encouraged me to see them all during the course of my pregancy.
So... on July 14, l985 in the wee hours of the morning...we traveled to the hospital in Dunedin, Florida. There at the door of the hospital was my Midwife....from that point on she never left my side! It was awesome! She got me ready....and had talked me into "Natural Child Birth" and to say NO to DRUGS and off we went. Keith was actually in a rocker next to me rocking away and the mid wife and I were having that baby HA HA. I also had a very dear girlfriend there with me...Diane Lyon and my parents were on there way from Miami, Florida...little did they know I was going to have that baby before they could even get there. It was my easiest delivery! I think it was because of my Midwife's encourgement. Then after just 3 hours we were having a baby! She said well....."It's a boy"! I said: Really? ( I couldnt even imagine me with two boys!)
she said ...Yes and he looks like he has a little bit of red hair?....and I said... No he doesn't we dont have red hair? and sure enough he had the darkest red hair. I said it was from my dad....and Keith said it was from his mom! HA HA Well right there we named him Katlin Alden Miller pronouced KAT lin...Our Midwife said... that sounded like a President if she only knew...he is definitely a leader and always has been. He has been strong willed..independant...and a leads a crowd. He loves the Lord with all His heart and will follow in ministry wherever he is.
and to think I under estimated the "One boy one girl thing"! I am truely blessed to have him ... and had no idea that in five years I would have another "boy"! The Lord is very witty you know....giving three boys to such a "girly" girl!! BUT I wouldnt have it any other way....I am truely blessed.
Twenty five years ago today....we were living New Port Richey, Florida. I was pregnant with our second child...and awaiting the anticipation of knowing whether we were going to have the perfect little family...you know....one boy and one girl. Anyway... I loved the thought of being suprised and not to mention... for my baby shower everyone gave me "girl" stuff.!
When I went to my doctor they asked me... If I would like to have a Midwife to deliver my baby?!? I really had never thought about that before but decided I would like to try that. Well there were eight of them and you really wouldnt know which one would be there to deliver your baby till the day you go into labor... so they encouraged me to see them all during the course of my pregancy.
So... on July 14, l985 in the wee hours of the morning...we traveled to the hospital in Dunedin, Florida. There at the door of the hospital was my Midwife....from that point on she never left my side! It was awesome! She got me ready....and had talked me into "Natural Child Birth" and to say NO to DRUGS and off we went. Keith was actually in a rocker next to me rocking away and the mid wife and I were having that baby HA HA. I also had a very dear girlfriend there with me...Diane Lyon and my parents were on there way from Miami, Florida...little did they know I was going to have that baby before they could even get there. It was my easiest delivery! I think it was because of my Midwife's encourgement. Then after just 3 hours we were having a baby! She said well....."It's a boy"! I said: Really? ( I couldnt even imagine me with two boys!)
she said ...Yes and he looks like he has a little bit of red hair?....and I said... No he doesn't we dont have red hair? and sure enough he had the darkest red hair. I said it was from my dad....and Keith said it was from his mom! HA HA Well right there we named him Katlin Alden Miller pronouced KAT lin...Our Midwife said... that sounded like a President if she only knew...he is definitely a leader and always has been. He has been strong willed..independant...and a leads a crowd. He loves the Lord with all His heart and will follow in ministry wherever he is.
and to think I under estimated the "One boy one girl thing"! I am truely blessed to have him ... and had no idea that in five years I would have another "boy"! The Lord is very witty you know....giving three boys to such a "girly" girl!! BUT I wouldnt have it any other way....I am truely blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment